maandag 30 mei 2016

Matisse did not cut out snails!!!

Matisse: cut out snail and embroidery shapes
knipselslak en -borduur vormen
Maatisse's snail.

Still busy with Matisse. The above collage is called 'Snail' and is a hugh collage: 110 x 110 inch! I have a book for my grandchildren. It explains with a lot of pictures why and how Matisse made his cut out collages. There are a few pictures of a snail. The snail disappaers at the end of the book, because Matisse says:"I do not want the snail in my collage. I am the snail and my hospital bed is my house" I thought the cut out snail in the book was made by Matisse, but the author of the book made that cut out. The only snail Matisse made is the collage above!  I loved the snail of the book so much, so I made min's with the snail.

Nog steeds druk met Matisse.  Bovenstaande collage van Matisse heet: "Slak". Ik heb een boek van het Stedelijk Museum voor mijn kleinkinderen. In het boek wordt uitgelegd hoe en waarom Matisse zijn knipselcollages maakte. In het verhaal komen afbeeldingen van een geknipte slak voor. De slak verdwijnt aan het eind van het boek. Matisse zegt, dat de slak weg moet, omdat hij zelf de slak is met zijn ziekenhuisbed als huis. Ik dacht echt dat Matisse de slak zelf geknipt had, maar hij heeft alleen bovenstaande slak gemaakt . Ik vond de slak van het boek zo mooi, dat ik toch mini's van heb gemaakt.
I love this blue fabric, for applique like this it is perfect.
I love the little apples popping up in the fmq.

Matisse plants-apple fmq. Plants may differ in form, size and scale.

When I was browsing for more snails  by Matisse, I could not find anyone. The only snail made by Matisse is the above big, big collage. Now I realise that is why the snail in the book had to disappear before Matisse finished the collage! Too late I made two more 'Matisse snail' mini's!!

Toen ik naar meer afbeeldingen van slakken van Matisse zocht,, kon ik er geen vinden, behalve de enorme collage hieirboven, die Matisse 'Slak'noemde. Nu realiseer ik me dat dat de reden is, waarom de slak in het boek moet verdwijnen voor Matisse zijn collage in het boek af had!!! Te laar! Ik heb al twee andere Matisse slakmini's gemaakt.



I used the pattern of the blue fabric for the quilting

The quilting: little snails.
I promished a follower to test the mice patterns for my owl quilt. I printed the patterns for 4 inch blocks. So these mini's were the last Matisse mini's for a while. I want to applique Betty Boops too!

Ik heb een volger beloofd de muizen patronen voor de uil quilt te testen. Ik heb depatronen uitgeprint voor blokken van 4 inch. Daarom zijn deze Matisse mini's voorlopig de laatste. Ik wil ook Betty Boops appliqueren. 


Feel free to download my patterns. You are only allowed to use them for yourself and not for commercial use . When you use my patterns, please mention my name and link in your post to the patterns. I will be pleased to recieve a picture of your work with my patterns, so I can link to your post..

Deze patronen zijn gratis te downlooaden voor eigen, niet commercieel, gebruik. Als je mijn patronen gebruikt, vermeld dan mijn naam en link in je blogbericht naar de patronen op mijn blog. Ik zou het leuk vinden een foto van je werk met mijn patronen te ontvangen, zodat ik een link naar jouw berichtje kan plaatsen.
So nice of you to stopping by. Feel free to leave a  comment. I love it.

Fijn dat u langs kwam. Ik waardeer het als u een bericht achter laat..

Love from Amsterdam and keep sewing




Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten