dinsdag 2 september 2014

Back in business - Terug



I was not able to quilt for a long time, so I did not blog for a long time.  I would like to thank everybody who send me an email to let me know they miss me on the Internet. I was surprised. So kindfull!!! But I am back and well! I feel fine.
In the mean time we moved to a new place. All the quilt-stuff is in boxes. Two weaks ago I finally  unpacked the first box and put my sewing machine on the table. I found some unfinished fmq samplers and tried to fmq. I had to look for the right color yarn, but when I solved that problem I could make the first stitches. A little  rusty. Not the machine but me. I had to find the right pace and length of the stitches. So many mistakes! Not a beginner again, but I made a lot of mistakes. But who cares! I love to sew and practice again. But it was nice to hear the sound of my machine again.


Ik heb een tijd niet geblogd en geguild. I wil iedereen bedanken die mij mailde om te vragen hoe het met me was, gedurende mijn afwezigheid van het Internet. Zo aardig!!! Maar ik ben terug en voel me goed.
We zijn inmiddels verhuisd en alle quiltspullen zijn nog ingepakt. Twee weken terug heb ik de eerste quiltdoos uitgepakt en de naaimachine op tafel gezet. Ik vond enkele proeflappen die ik nog niet helemaal volgequild had en nadat ik de juiste kleur garen had gevonden, ben ik begonnen. Wat viel dat tegen. Ik heb veel fouten gemaakt en moest de juiste snelheid en steeklengte weer vinden. Maar wat kan het me schelen, ik quilt weer!
Om wat meer te oefenen heb ik een grote proeflab in vlakken verdeeld en in verschillende niet te moeilijke patronen doorgestikt.

To practice I decided to make a big sampler with happy colours. After fmq I cut it in pieces and made those colourfull placemats with different bindings. I am sure I will find a friend who would like to have them.
I wanted to try different types of patterns, but I need to draw a lot on paper to get the pace and flair back.



I love this meandering pattern. It is easy and my own design (if that is possible!).
Een heerlijk te naaien patroon. Mijn eigen ontwerp (als dat mogelijk is).



I found these picture on my pinterest. I remember finishing the border of this  top too. I made it for the 2013 aiming for accuracy quilt along. The top is taped on the door of our old home. I will look for this UFO to make it a WIP. I will sandwich it and practice for hours and hours my fmq skills.

I vond deze foto van een top van een quilt along vorig jaar. Ik kan me herinneren dat de randen er ook al aanzitten. De top is hier getaped aan de deur van ons oude huis. Ik ga van deze UFO een WIP maken. Dan kan ik veel uurtjes mijn fmq-vaardigheden oefenen.

I need to look for all the finishes of these quilt along.
Ik moet toch kijken naar al de mooie quilts van deze quilt-along!


It is nice to sew and blog again. Het is fijn om weer te naaien en bloggen.

It is so nice of you stopping by, I love to hear from everyone of you, so please feel free to leave a comment.
If you have a question I will try and respond by e-mail. Please make sure your blogger profile is linked to your e-mail, otherwise I wont be able to e-mail you back.

If you need to reach me feel free to e-mail me: maartjequilt@gmail.com

Thanks so much for reading
Keep quilting

Maartje

5 opmerkingen:

  1. Wow--your FMQ samples don't look a bit like the work of someone in need of practice. They are gorgeous and so intricate!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Leuk om nog een blogger in Nederland te ontmoeten! Leuk placemats, en een perfecte manier om FMQ te oefenen.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. Maartje,

    I am so pleased to see you back! I was a bit worried....

    Your quilting is fantastic. No one would know you were rusty if you hadn't told them.

    Please join the linky on my blog this weekend, Free Motion Mavericks. It would be great to see you there.

    Love, Muv

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Muv
      Thank you for your compliments. Very kind.
      Sorry I wasn't at home this weekend, but on a boat with no connection to the internet. Next time I will join your Linky Party.
      Love, Maartje

      Verwijderen
  4. Love those placemats! What a great way to practice some FMQ motifs.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen