zaterdag 4 juni 2016

Brave Quilters at Pink Doxies.





Just a short post to link up with Pink Doxies June Brave Quilter link up. 
Since a long time I love Betty Boop and I want to sew a quilt with Betty Boop blocks. I love paper piecing and designing my own patterns. But I do not think I like paper pieced Betty Boops. She is to delicate to paper piece. So I need to appliqué Betty Boop, but I happen to hate appliqué with tiny pieces. So when I want to have a quilt with a lot of Betty Boop blocks, I need to  find out the right way to appliqué Betty and learn how to do it.
So this month I will sew for the Brave Quilters party at Pink Doxies a block with an appliqué of Betty Boop and design my Betty Boop Quilt with EQ. So I need to master designing a qult with appliqué blocks too!  Quite a challenge for a month!!

Een kort berichtje om mee te doen aan de Juni Brave Quilter link up van Pink Doxies.
Ik ben al heel lang gek van Betty Boop and ik wil graag een quilt naaien met Betty Boop blokken. Ik ben een beetje verslaafd aan paper piecing, maar Betty Boop is niet geschikt om te paper piecen volgens mij. Te fijn.  Ik vind dat ik Betty moet appliqueren, maar dat vind ik helemal niet leuk met die kleine stukjes!! Welke techniek is het beste? Dus als ik een Betty Boop quilt wil maken moet ik uitvinden wat de beste manier is de blokken te maken en die methode onder de knie te krijgen. Ook moet ik uitvinden hoe ik met EQ een ontwerp maak met dit soort blokken! Een hele uitdaging voor een maand.



Maartje Quilt

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten