maandag 6 april 2015

Matisse and Sketchbook fun (Somebody likes to join?)

This collage you can see on posters all over Amsterdam.
In the Stedelijk Museum Amsterdam is a Matisse exhibition. When I see the poster, I want to sew a big apllique wall hanging in Matisse style. So we have to go to the museum soon. I did not knew this cut out work of Matisse, but I love the colors.

In het Stedelijk is een tentoonstelling van Matisse. Overal in de stad hangen posters met een deel van het grote schilderij op de muur. Als ik het zie, wil ik beginnen aan een groot quilt in Matisse stijl. We moeten dus snel een bezoek brengen aan het museum. Ik ken dit 'knipwerk' van Matisse niet!! De kleuren zijn zo mooi.

I only see beatiful quilts when I see those collages.

My  favourite

I worked on my fmq sketchbook. It is so much fun. I am so surprised about the look of circles, yarn and colors on black fabric. Another advantage is improving my fmq skills. Yesterdy I sewed two pages and I had the feeling of controle with high speed.  A 5 m piece of black fabric is cutted and I have 16 pages of more fun stitching. But today I decided to do white pages too. For me white pages are 'intimidating' and they blcok me, but I feel I must give it a try. I looked on the Internet for inspiration and I hope I found some.
Is there anybody who likes to join me for some sketchbook fun together! Let me know.

Ik heb aan mij fmq schetsboek gewerkt. Ik ben verbaasd over hoe een paar simple gekleurde cirkels eruit zien op zwarte katoen. Een groot voordeel is dat ik zo ook weer beter quilt uit de vrije hand. Ik heb twee bladzijden gedaan en was verbaasd over de controle bij grote snelheid. Een lap van 5 m zwarte katoen is in 16 nieuwe pagina's gesneden. Maar vandaag heb ik besloten om toch ook witte pagina;s te maken, hoewel witte pagina's mij blokkeren en ik niets kan bedenken. Ik ga het toch proberen en heb op internet gezocht voor inspiratie.
Is er iemand die ook wil werken aan een fmq schetsboek? Laat het weten.


Another gold circels page

My husbands favourites
I decided to work in pairs. To try same pattern in different colors
and to pair them as a gift. The pink is to light.


Twenty blanc pages to have fun!! One must think big!!!!
My next theme for my scetchboek will be 'Matisse'!! So I need white pages.

Het volgende thema van mijn schetsboek zal zijn 'Matisse'!! Dan heb ik dus witte pagina's nodig!


It is so nice of you stopping by.  Feel free to leave a comment. I love it.

Fijn dat u langs kwam, ik hoor graag van iedereen en stel je commentaar zeer op prijs.

Thanks so much for reading/dank je voor het lezen van mijn bericht.

Love from Amsterdam and keep quilting

Maartje

maartjequilt@gmail.com


Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten