maandag 27 juli 2015

Mad cows and a cat

10 inch block with cotton I dyed a few months ago. 
The pattern is by Janeen van Niekerk.
I love the different shades of purple.

This week was a lot of fun with paperpiecing. Part of the fun is making my own patterns. First I tried QuiltAssistant free software to draw paper piece patterns. But I have EQ7 and I used this software too. Just for the exercise I made my own pattern of the cat silhouet, a free pattern of Quiltart Design . It is a 4 inch pattern and I enlarged it to 10 inch. As you can see the pattern is already a block and it will be a cushion or placemat for my granddaughter Salijn. With QuiltAssistant and  with EQ7 it is easy to design paper piece patterns. QuiltAssistant is very user friendly and I did not need information to make the pattern. That was not the case with EQ7, but I found excellent lessons in English on the website of Mini patch und Landschön.
Next week is les computer and more sewing.

Deze week ben ik met veel plezier bezig geweest met paper piecen. Ik vind het ook leuk om zelf patronen te maken. Ik probeerde vorige week het gratis programma QuiltAssistant dat je in verschillende talen gratis kunt downloaden. Maar ik heb EQ7 ook en heb deze software ook gebruikt. Het eerste wat ik uitgeprobeerd heb is het maken van het patroon van de kat. Het is een 4 inch blok van Janeen van Niekerk van Quiltart Design. Ik heb er een 10 inch blok van gemaakt. Het blok is al genaaid en wordt een kussen of placemat voor mijn kleindochter Salijn. Met QuiltAssistant en met EQ7 is het eenvoudig om een paper piece patroon te maken. QuiltAssistant is erg gebruiksvriendelijk en kon ik zonder verdere informatie het patroon maken. Voor EQ7 had ik de uitstekende lessen , maar met de uitstekende lessen van de website van Mini patch und Landschön nodig.
Ik hoop dat het volgende week minder computer en meer naaien is.

I sewed this week three mad cows. I have five cows so far. I want to sew at least twelve cows for a quilt. When they all are finished I will pimp all cows, like the funny cows of Not afraid of color.
Pattern: PeaceMealQuilts

Ik heb deze week ook drie mad cows genaaid. Ik heb tot nu toe vijf koeien. Ik wil er twaalf naaien voor een quilt. Als alle koeien af zijn ga ik ze naar het voorbeeld van Leanne van Not afraid of Color pimpen.
Patroon: PeaceMealQuilts




I still need to tear a way the paper with this one. That is the least fun
part of paperpiecing.I must try the freezer paper method.


It is so nice of you to stopping by. Feel free to leve a comment. I love it.

Fijn dat u langs kwam, ik hoor graag van iedereen en stel je commentaar zeer op prijs.

Love from Amsterdam and keep quilting and sewing

Maartje

maartjequilt@gmail.com

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten